- Strong knowledge of software testing principles and techniques, verification and validation techniques, test automation and defect management.
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery.
- Develop and execute software test plan, test cases, and test scripts for Integration, Migration, Regression, and/or Performance testing, in order to identify system and software problems and their causes, recording defect backlog items, reporting the results of testing and resolving testing defects.
- Drive and lead prioritization of testing activities, across teams as needed. Working with project managers and/or manager to plan and schedule test cycles.
- Create project coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
- Develop effective QC coverage of multiple mobile and browser-based projects.
- Work collaboratively with business and development teams to review design specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, and analysis.
- Assess the status of the release, and help make sure that the release goes out on time with high quality level.
- Ensure that all requirements are covered in the testing, that it is completed within established time and that objectives conform to the user requirements and line of business.
- Collect, track and report test metrics and briefs leadership on test status.
- Ability to create, design, execute the UAT document with client.
- Participate in end user training workshops and provide post-implementation functional support for end users.
- Work with QC engineers to mentor them in the area of testing best practices and methodologies.
- Work closely with on/off shore QC, development, system engineers, and customer teams where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years of progressive professional experience in Quality Control and Testing.
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.