Duties and Responsibilities
Staff Management, Coaching and Development
- Provides ongoing supervision, leadership, support and guidance to the program support team,
- In coordination with human resources department and CD, responsible for ensuring that sufficient human resources are recruited, and provided with the needed orientation.
- Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale, and promote a productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, color, sex or creed.
- Ensure that human resources implications for both existing and anticipated emergency response are fully assessed, identified, described and communicated.
- Responsible to ensure that all staff under supervision are fully versed in the fundamental requirements of their various roles and can perform these functions to a consistent and high standard. Ensure compliance with standards of gender and diversity.
- Identify priority areas for capacity building for staff. Using the existing training manuals, resources and any other suitable training materials, he/she will develop a practical plan for skills development for staff which will address weaknesses in operational management, with a particular focus on improved planning, maximizing resource use and compliance.
- Ensure an effective orientation process for all new staff, in order to speed up the learning curve for both new staff and for staff preparing for changes in administrative responsibilities.
- Work closely with Finance, Grants and Contracts and Programs to follow up with Audit Response, Spot Checks and any other requirements to ensure outstanding compliance with Local, donors and members requirements and to insure reduction of risk potential.
- Liaise closely with AMS and RMU to adequately address risk management concerns including support to Program Support Departments, Audit and Compliance.
- Provides coordination and supervision between program support and programs in the development of proposals and in particular budgets, procurement plans, risk management plans, and hiring plans.
- Ensuring that the organization meets its contractual and legal responsibilities by ensuring compliance with:
- Local legislation.
- Contractual liabilities.
- Good professional & ethical practice including addressing issues of: transparency, diversity and equal opportunity, appropriate confidentiality.
- The highest standards of integrity.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education / Training
- Master degree in administration, or public administration or equivalent field, or university degree combined with experience relevant to the job.
- In depth Training / knowledge of different Program Support functions (HR, Procurement, Logistics, Administration…).
- 10 years of senior managerial experience in relevant areas of program support (supply chain, human resources, IT, logistics).
- Demonstrated success in assessing, designing, and applying program support related systems.
- Demonstrated performance in managing departments and budgets.
- Experience in complex decision making and leading multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances.
- Experience in non-profit/non-governmental sector.
- Experience working within the complex humanitarian response situations.
- Management skills, including planning, implementation, budget and reporting, and related tools and software.
- Reporting skills and experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and writing).
- Strong team player skills and experienced collaborator.
- Effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Advanced administrative management skills.
- Strong coaching, mentoring, training facilitation, and team building skills.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of diverse software systems.
- Familiarity with financial, Administrative and procurement systems.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.