Strategic & Managerial Responsibilities
- Participates in the development and implementation of the procurement and supply chain practice (PSCM), in line with the corporate objectives.
- Manages the PSCM practice mandates by providing leadership and facilitating work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
- Interprets and implements change in PSCM practice providing guidance and support, necessary for continuous improvement.
- Ensures compliance with the company’s policies, procedures and quality standards in the PSCM practice.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Leads and manages client engagements of moderate complexity independently in the procurement area (Procurement Transformation, Procurement Process Design & Optimization, Procurement Policies & Procedures, Procurement Spend Analytics, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Target Operating Model … etc) – consulting with Partners/Directors as appropriate, including the commercial aspects of the engagement.
- Leads and manages client engagements of moderate complexity independently related to the supply chain area (SC Demand Planning and Manufacturing, Inventory Management, SC Warehousing, SC Network Optimization, SC Process Design & Optimization, SC Policies & Procedures… etc) – consulting with Partners/Directors as appropriate, including the commercial aspects of an engagement.
- Anticipates clients’ future needs and requirements and builds value of services by enabling improvements in client processes.
- Provides resolution to challenges towards complex situations during the procurement or Supply chain engagement.
- Tracks and monitors performance against deadlines, milestones etc. and reports to the PSCM senior management on the weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
- May begin to act as a Subject Matter Expert or leader on procurement or Supply chain engagements.
- Maintains an awareness of market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
- Anticipates current and future needs of the firm based on extensive research and deep understanding of client business/industry.
- Holds review(s) on completion of projects to identify lessons learned and enhance future quality and commercial planning.
- Identifies development needs of PSCM team and provides coaching, mentoring and stretch assignments to challenge, develop and retain our most talented colleagues.
- Builds constructive working relationships across different teams and countries. Shares internal networks with others to support an understanding the breath of capabilities.
- This Role may involve frequent traveling as per the project needs.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a consulting firm with at least 3 - 4 years of experience in a similar role (Big-4 experience is a plus).
- Experience with Procurement /Supply chain Transformation Projects, including Maturity Assessment, Operating Model Design, Process Design etc.
- Experience in developing Procurement /Supply chain Policies and Procedures based on the business needs.
- Some experience in the Performance Management (Performance & Service-based Operations).
- Knowledge and experience with the Saudi New Procurement Law.
- Project Management Experience.
- Strong analytical skills that help in articulating the business issues and needs, in addition to technical skills including reporting, business writing, benchmarking, structuring… etc.
- Soft skills including problem solving, decision making, leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Preferable “Sector” Specific Experience in one of the following sectors: Public Sector, FMCG, Construction, Oil & Gas, Healthcare, Transport, Education or IT/Technology.
Education & qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Industrial Engineering is preferred) and/or Master’s in business administration.
- Any certifications or advanced courses related to procurement such as MCIPS is a plus.